Faribault Housing & Redevelopment Authority
One member is appointed annually from the City Council. Six additional representatives are appointed for staggered five-year terms. The Faribault HRA meets the second Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m., City Hall Public Meeting Room.
- Jim Barta — Member term expires 1/31/2015
- Jake Cook — Member term expires 1/31/2018
- Brain Knutson — Member term expires 1/31/2018
- Gary Lazarz — Member term expires 1/31/2017
- John Rowan — City Council Representative Email | term expires 1/31/2015
- Loni Streefland — At Larger term expires 1/31/2016
City Staff & Agenda Contact
- Faribault HRA — 11/10/2014
- Faribault Housing and Redevelopment Authority — 10/13/2014
- Faribault HRA — 9/8/2014
Rice County Housing StudyRice County Housing Study (pdf)
The Faribault HRA in partnership with the Rice County HRA, have completed a comprehensive update of the Rice County Housing Study. The study was first conducted in 1999-2000 in order to determine needs for additional housing programming. Much of the information of the original study was based on 1990 census data and other information from the mid-1990s. Since that time, the new census data has become available, and trends in the housing industry and economy have changed dramatically. The study gives the participating agencies recommendations on what gaps in the housing continuum currently exist so that current programs can be modified or new programs can be created. Funding for the Study was provided by the Faribault HRA, Rice County, City of Lonsdale, City of Dundas and the City of Morristown along with a grant from the Minnesota Housing Partnership.