This department provides the administrative direction for the City. The City Administrator serves as chief administrative officer for the City and reports to the Mayor and City Council. The City Administrator is also responsible for managing the overall operation of all city departments, ensuring that the charter, laws, ordinances, and resolutions of the City Council are enforced and implemented. The City Clerk's responsibilities involve the management of official records and documents of the city.
Administration Department Staff
- Kevin Bushard — HR Coordinator Email | 507-333-0354
- Gina Carlson — Department Secretary Email | 507-333-0341
- Randy Hanson — MIS Coordinator Email | 507-333-0362
- Carole Luczak — Deputy City Clerk Email | 507-333-0353
- Water Meter Mediation Statement 11-26-13 — 11/27/2013
- The attached Press Release was read at the Regular City Council meeting on November 26, 2013. The Council has now considered and approved the settlement with HD Supply Waterworks and Sensus. This resolves the dispute over inaccurate reading of customer water usage.
- Utility Meter Accuracy Update — 7/17/2013
Per City Council action taken at the December 11, 2012 meeting, Resolution 2012-248 “Administrative Policy Addressing Utility Billing Reimbursements” was adopted.
Water Meter Handout #9 outlines the most current information regarding reimbursements to those accounts impacted by the water metering system installed in 2009-2010. Meters affected include Sensus PMM® meters 1” and smaller in size.
To this date, effective with consumption beginning January 1, 2013, a 15% reduction of consumption has been instituted to offset the over-reading by the water meters. The reduction is reflected on current billing statements and will remain in place until the issue with the meter accuracy has been resolved.
If you believe that your account is eligible for an additional credit above the current 15% reimbursement, please review and complete the Utility Bill Appeal Form.
The complete “Administrative Policy Addressing Utility Billing Reimbursements” , the Utility Bill Appeal Form and other related information can be found on the City of Faribault website at www.faribault.org, at City Hall, or can be obtained by contacting City of Faribault Utility Billing at 507-333-0392 from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Water Meter Handout No. 8 — 7/7/2013
- Updated information on the Water Meter system February 7, 2013.
- 2012 City of Faribault Annual Report — 6/28/2013
- 2012 City of Faribault Annual Report