- Surcharge Change — 5/27/2015
- There is some good news from the State of Minnesota in regards to the State Surcharge Fee.
Effective JULY 1, 2015, the state surcharge applied to “fixed fee” building permits changes from $5.00 for each fixed fee permit to $1.00 for each fixed fee permit.
When submitting permits for residential roofing, siding, window replacement, or any electrical, residential or commercial, permits, please change your surcharge amount to $1.00. Permits based on evaluation remain the same.
If you are not sure the permit you are submitting qualifies, please contact me at 507-333-0387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Code Adoptions — 1/27/2015
- The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry has announced the following adoptions:
? Chapter 1309 2012 International Residential Code with Minnesota amendments and Chapter 1300 Administrative Provisions will become effective January 24, 2015.
Chapter 1303 which includes new foundation and radon rules and Chapter 1322 Residential Energy Code will become effective February 24, 2015.
- New Rental Housing Licensing Program — 7/25/2014
- The City Council has approved a comprehensive revision of ordinances regulating rental housing in the City. Effective January 1, 2015, the new ordinance replaces the current rental registration ordinance with a new program that establishes rental housing licenses in order to provide a means by which the City can revoke a property owner’s privileges to rent residential units.
Application and Resources
All residential rental properties are required to be registered and inspected by the City of Faribault.
Crime Free Landlord Information
Rental Inspection Checklist
Change of Ownership of Rental Property
Converting Property into Rental Housing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Useful LinksUseful links
(pdf) to additional resources.