Crime Prevention Tips
The Faribault Police Department is now utilizing a crime mapping and analysis interface called RAIDS Online. The interactive police incident map enables users to:
- Select a specific address or view a general location
- Turn on a buffer and select a distance to only show crimes around that address
- Choose date ranges going back one year
- Create a density map showing hotspots
RAIDS Online is a public resource of general crime information (best viewed with Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox, or Chrome). Sites linked from the City of Faribault web site are not under the control of the City of Faribault. The City of Faribault does not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the database information provided herein for any reason. All aspects of the data provided herein are susceptible to a degree of error due to the complexities of the process involved in compiling and programming the data.
- The Point After — 12/5/2013
- The Point After (PDF)
- Emergency Messages Everbridge — 7/18/2013
The Everbridge system provides city officials with the ability to provide pre-recorded emergency telephone notification/information messages to targeted areas or the entire city. Residents and businesses located within the city limits are encouraged to sign up for Everbridge to be sure they receive timely emergency to be sure they receive timely emergency notifications when alerts are issued.
- Sign up For Alerts — 2/14/2013
- The Everbridge system provides city officials with the ability to provide pre-recorded emergency telephone notification/information messages to targeted areas or the entire city. Residents and businesses located within the city limits are encouraged to sign up for Everbridge to be sure they receive timely emergency notifications when alerts are issued. Click To sign up for Emergeny Information Notification
Witness a crime or see suspicious activity?The Faribault Police Department works in partnership with our community to make our city a safer place for all of us. In this partnership we are striving to make it increasingly more difficult for criminal activity to exist.
If you witness a crime or observe suspicious behavior, please call 9-1-1 immediately. You may request anonymity by the telling the dispatcher that you wish to remain anonymous.
If you wish to report a past event, criminal or suspicious activity by e-mail, you may contact the Police Department using the contact information on the right side of this page.
You may also report a crime by calling the Faribault Crime Tip Line and leaving a message. Please include as much information as you can provide. You may remain anonymous, but remember that it is very helpful to leave information as to how you can be contacted if the investigator needs to contact you. You may certainly request that your name be held in confidence.
Is your vehicle a target for theft?In order for a criminal to carry out their act they need the opportunity to commit the crime. Remove the opportunity and it becomes much more difficult for the criminal to make you their victim.
The Faribault Police Department is asking citizens to help reduce theft from vehicles by taking these prevention measures:
- Always lock your vehicle doors even in your own driveway.
- Do not leave valuables in your car. Lock them in your trunk or take them inside.
- If you have a garage, use it, and keep it locked.
- Always park in a well-lighted area.
- Never leave keys in your vehicle.
- Report thefts and any suspicious activity immediately to the police by calling 9-1-1.
Remember that Crime affects everyone. By working together we can reduce crime in our community!