The Public Works Department provides for the operation and maintenance of the City's infrastructure systems. The Public Works Department consists of multiple divisions which include Streets,Utilities, Water Reclamation Facility, and Airport. The Public Works Department provides, among other things, safe and serviceable roadways, clean drinking water, and collection and treatment of sanitary sewer. Thirty fulltime employees and one part-time employee provide the department's service delivery in order to reach the mission of operating, maintaining, and improving the infrastructure systems in the most fiscally responsible fashion, while protecting public safety and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Twin Lakes Clean Water Funds — 10/2/2014
- Rice County in Partnership with City of Faribault Awarded Clean Water Funds for Twin Lakes Stormwater Retrofit Project.
- Lead and Copper in Drinking Water — 7/23/2014
- See the attached from the Minnesota Department of Health regarding lead and copper in drinking water.
- Compost Site — 7/7/2014
- The compost site is reopening at 1:00 p.m., Monday, July 7, 2014. Days and hours of service are Monday & Wednesday 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Rice County also maintains a compost-recycling center. You can call the county's Recycling Hotline at 507-332-6833 or check www.co.rice.mn.us/waste/yardwaste.php for other composting information and options.