License & Permit Applications


Liquor License
Complete both parts of application when applying for a new On Sale Liquor, Off Sale Liquor, or Wine License.
3.2 Malt Liquor
Temporary Liquor License
Temporary Liquor Licenses are issued only to clubs, charitable, religious, or other non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least 3 years.

Community Dev - Building Code Division

Basement Finishing
Building Permit
Construction Site Erosion

Community Dev - Planning and Zoning Division

Code Enforcement Complaint Form
Conditional Use Permit
Final Plat

Parks & Recreation

Consumption and Keg Permits
Cosumption and Keg permits are available from the Parks & Recreation department. Permits are required for all keg beer parties. Consumption permits are required in all Faribault parks except for North Alexander Park. No beer is allowed at Father Slevin Park, Kinder Park, or River Bend Nature Center. Keg Permit: $30 per party/per day Consumption Permit (Canned Beer): $17 per party/per day

Public Works

DNR Permit
See the DNR website.
NPDES Permit
See the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency website.

Public Works - Storm Water

Grading Permit

Public Works - Streets

Right-of-Way Permit

From Section 25 of the City Code
a) ROW Permit and Regulations - except as provided in the City Code, no person or public right-of-way user may obstruct or excavate any public right-of-way without first having obtained the appropriate permit from the City. See the Regulations and Permit Application documents above.

b) ROW Registration Form - Any public right-of-way user, which owns or controls a public utility facility within any public right-of-way, or any portion thereof, shall register with the City. See the User Registration Form above.

c) ROW Fee Schedule. See the Fee Schedule document above.
Parking Permits

From Section 15-40 of the City Code
Trailers — No person in charge of any type of trailer shall park or permit such trailer, whether or not attached to a motor vehicle, to be parked upon any street in the city for more than three (3) hours in a twenty-four-hour period, unless otherwise provided. Construction trailers for contractors doing business on adjacent properties between April 1 and November 1, may park on a city street within one hundred (100) feet of the property they are doing business at. To do so, a contractor at the time of requesting a building permit, must apply for an on-street parking permit providing the location, dates and time they plan to be on a street for a construction project. The public works director may deny this permit, if there are options for the contractor to park on private property or the location is a hazard. The public works director may revoke the permit for special circumstances.

Special Use Permit — In the event that a one-time increased on-street parking duration is desired by the owner of a motor vehicle and/or trailer, a special permit may be obtained from the city provided the expanded duration is clearly defined and based on unique conditions not related to the general storage of the motor vehicle and/or trailers.
Policy & Procedures for Street Closure

Web Development by Livefront, a Minneapolis Web Design firm.