- State of City Address — 6/12/2015
- Sate of City Address presented by Mayor John Jasinski
- Faribault Events — 5/3/2015
- Faribault Events for the year of 2015.
- Community Vision Faribault 2040 — 3/30/2015
- Click for more information.Become Part of the Process.
Community Dev - General
Community Dev - Building Code Division
- Surcharge Change — 5/27/2015
- There is some good news from the State of Minnesota in regards to the State Surcharge Fee.
Effective JULY 1, 2015, the state surcharge applied to “fixed fee” building permits changes from $5.00 for each fixed fee permit to $1.00 for each fixed fee permit.
When submitting permits for residential roofing, siding, window replacement, or any electrical, residential or commercial, permits, please change your surcharge amount to $1.00. Permits based on evaluation remain the same.
If you are not sure the permit you are submitting qualifies, please contact me at 507-333-0387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Code Adoptions — 1/27/2015
- The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry has announced the following adoptions:
? Chapter 1309 2012 International Residential Code with Minnesota amendments and Chapter 1300 Administrative Provisions will become effective January 24, 2015.
Chapter 1303 which includes new foundation and radon rules and Chapter 1322 Residential Energy Code will become effective February 24, 2015.
- New Rental Housing Licensing Program — 7/25/2014
- The City Council has approved a comprehensive revision of ordinances regulating rental housing in the City. Effective January 1, 2015, the new ordinance replaces the current rental registration ordinance with a new program that establishes rental housing licenses in order to provide a means by which the City can revoke a property owner’s privileges to rent residential units.
Community Dev - Planning and Zoning Division
- Monthly Statistics — 5/6/2015
- The monthly statistics show a breakdown of the types of incidents the Fire Department responded to.
The Incident Totals and Call Backs spreadsheet provides statistics on all of the incidents combined.
The City and Rural Calls spreadsheet provides a statistical breakdown of city vs. rural area incidents.
The Fire Incidents spreadsheet provides statistics on fire incidents, mutual aid incidents, and the total $ loss of city and rural fires.
- Hot Spots - FIre Department Newsletter — 5/5/2015
- Here is the latest edition of Hot Spots, the Faribault Fire Department’s newsletter.
We hope you enjoy learning more about the department!
Heritage Preservation Commission
- Buckham Memorial Library Mobile App: Buckham 2Go! — 9/18/2014
- You can visit Buckham Memorial Library anytime, anywhere with a free app on your mobile device! Find and reserve books, movies and music. Renew items and keep track of due dates. Download eBooks and use digital media. Check out upcoming events and programs. Email or call your library. The library’s mobile app, Buckham 2Go!, allows you to do all these things and more right from your mobile phone or tablet.
Smart phone users can install the app by using their phone’s Internet browser to visit buckham.boopsie.com. Android users can download the app from the Google Play and Amazon App stores. iPhone and iPad users can download the app from the iTunes App Store.
Parks & Recreation
- Sakatah-Singing Hills Trail Brochure — 6/2/2015
- Get the Sakatah-Singing Hills Trail brochure here!
- Buckham Bulletin SUMMER! — 6/2/2015
- Get the SUMMER Buckham Bulletin here…Faribault Events & Activities!
- MN Twins Baseball Clinic FREE — 6/2/2015
- Download the MN Twins Baseball Clinic reg. form here!
Parks & Recreation - Aquatic Center
- Aquatic Center Brochure — 6/1/2015
- Get the 2015 Aquatic Center brochure here! Summer's coming!
Parks & Recreation - Community Center
- PARK & REC RATES 2015 — 3/5/2015
- Rates for most all Park & Rec activities for 2015.
- Community Center Pool Schedule — 3/5/2015
- Santa Calling Program — 11/24/2014
- Participate in the 2014 Santa Calling Program…it's free, but just for kids in Gr. 1 and Kindergarten only. Get a fillable form here!
Parks & Recreation - Community Enrichment
- Buckham Bulletin Guidelines — 6/22/2015
- Use these guidelines to provide information for the Buckham Bulletin.
- Youth Culture Camp: Study Wapakuta Indians — 6/17/2015
- Culture Camp: The Ways of the Wapakuta Dakota (Ages 6-16)
This youth program is designed to widen appreciation for Native American culture that once existed in the Rice County area. In this series of classes, youth learn the Dakota culture through learning their language and customs, playing games, hands-on projects, and with other fun activities. Two sessions are being offered in August.?
For more details or to register: Jeff Jarvis or email@example.com.?Early Bird Fee: $34, after Aug. 4, $39. Scholarships are available, inquire at registration.
Programs held at Washington Rec Center.?Session I: T/W/Th, Aug. 11-13. 9am-11:30am
Session II: M/W/F, Aug. 10, 12, 14. 1pm-3:30pm
- Johnston Hall Brochure — 6/2/2015
- Save Johnston Hall Brochure!
Parks & Recreation - Fitness Center
- July Group Fitness Schedule — 7/1/2015
- July Group Fitness Schedule. All Classes held at Washington Recreation Center.
- Group Fitness Class descriptions — 3/5/2015
- Description of Group Exercise classes
Parks & Recreation - Ice Arena
- 2014 November Open Skate Schedule — 10/20/2014
- 2014 Open Skate Schedule at the Ice Arena
Parks & Recreation - Sports & Recreation
- 2015 TP Youth Baseball Practice & Game Schedule — 7/1/2015
- 2015 Tee Pee Tonka Baseball Practice and Game Schedule
- 2015 Tee Pee Baseball Grades 6-8 Game Schedule — 7/1/2015
- 2015 Tee Pee Baseball Grades 6-8 Game Schedule
- 2015 Tee Pee Baseball Grades 3-5 Game Schedule — 7/1/2015
- 2015 Tee Pee Baseball Grades 3-5 Game Schedule
- The Point After — 7/2/2015
- The Point After Newsletter Volume 4, Issue 20
- The Point After — 6/26/2015
- The Point After Newsletter Volume 4, Issue 19
- Crime Free Multi-Housing — 5/26/2015
- All owners or managers or 1 or more rental units in Faribault must have CFMH Phase I certification prior to rental license renewal. The only proof of certification accepted is a valid CFMH Phase I certificate. If you have lost your certificate, you must contact the agency where you took your class for a replacement.
The Faribault Police Department will hold CFMH classes periodically throughout the year. Our CFMH classes are open to all rental property managers, owners, and employees. The next CFMH class has not been determined.
Class on 8 July 2015 at the Faribault Police Department. Register by Monday June 29, 2015 More information at Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Faribault Municipal Airport — 6/12/2015
- City of Faribault
Faribault Municipal Airport
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
49 CFR Part 26
- Compost Site — 4/6/2015
- The compost site located at 214 N.E. 14th Street is scheduled to open for the season on Saturday, April 18, 2015, at 8:00 a.m.
Rice County also maintains a compost-recycling center. You can call the county's Recycling Hotline at 507-332-6833 or check www.co.rice.mn.us/waste/yardwaste.php for other composting information and options.
- Twin Lakes Clean Water Funds — 10/2/2014
- Rice County in Partnership with City of Faribault Awarded Clean Water Funds for Twin Lakes Stormwater Retrofit Project.
Public Works - Storm Water
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Newsletter — 4/24/2014
- Surface Water Management Plan (SWMP) — 2/17/2009
- This report provides the City of Faribault with a Comprehensive Surface Water Management Plan (SWMP) that will serve as a guide to managing the surface water system throughout the City.
Public Works - Streets
Public Works - Water
- Consumer Confidence Water Quality Report — 5/28/2015
- Lead and Copper in Drinking Water — 7/23/2014
- See the attached from the Minnesota Department of Health regarding lead and copper in drinking water.
- General Water Analysis — 6/2/2014
Web Development by Livefront, a Minneapolis Web Design firm.