*Current income limits are as follows:
- 2 People: $61.900
- 3 People: $69,650
- 4 People: $77,350
- 5 People: $83.550
- 6 People: $89,750
- 7 People: $95,950
- 8 People: $102,150
Effective April 02, 2022
Households pay 30% of their adjusted monthly gross income towards rent and utilities at these sites. Tenants are required to recertify their income and expenses on an annual basis in order to verify they are paying the appropriate rent based on their income. *Preferences may be given to Very Low Income families per HUD guidelines.
The unit sizes include 2-, 3-, and 4- bedroom units. Each unit comes with a refrigerator, range and hookups for washing machines and dryers. Some of the larger sites include playgrounds, while other units are in close proximity to parks, schools and churches.
Tenants are allowed to have small pets, including cats and dogs weighing less than 15 pounds.
Required Participation Programs
All adult residents of public housing are required to participate in an economic self-sufficiency program or complete 8 hours of community service each month unless they fall into one of the following exception categories:
- Age 62 years or older; or
- Are blind or disabled or primary caretakers or such individuals; or
- Are enrolled in school or other type of self-sufficiency program; or
- Are enrolled in training/educational activities or provide child care services to an individual who is participating in a community service program; or
- Are on MFIP and are not currently sanctioned for non-compliance.
- Work 30 or more hours per week; or
The HRA's Wait List for the 2, 3 and 4-bedroom Public Housing Units is currently CLOSED as of 2/15/2023. If you believe you are currently on the Wait List, you can check the status of your position by calling the City of Faribault Community Development Department at 507-334-0100.