Community Center Pool
Please find below a detailed look at Faribault Parks and Recreation's modified operating plans, as a result of COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the State. Note that these are subject to change as State restrictions continue to evolve.
Starting Monday, Jan. 4, the Faribault Community Center will be returning to the regular hours:
• M-Th: 5:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
• Fri: 5:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Sat: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Sun: 12 - 6 p.m.
Constant mask-wearing is required, including while working out. The only time a mask can be off is when in the shower, or in the pool. Six-foot social distancing is required at all times.
All below changes took effect Feb. 16.
• Must call to reserve spot within 24 hours of class. No reservations prior to 24 hours of aquatics time will be taken.
• If possible, please leave in your swim suit via glass doors to building lobby, after drying body and suit.
•Masks may be removed to shower, but must be put on after. Please use family changing rooms if available.
• Patrons must shower before entering the water, per Minnesota Department of Health pool rules.
• Pool users, until lane is available or instructor indicates participants may enter. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior your time.
• LimitYou will be assigned a lane when you reserve a time slot. Lanes will be numbered and a cone indicating your lane start point.
• Maximum of 1 hour in the pool (You will sign up for two, 30-minute time slots. Lifeguards will still blow their whistle every 30 minutes but do not need all patrons to clear the water, if they signed up for two sessions). If you arrive late, you will still have to exit the pool at the conclusion of the scheduled session.
Lap Swim Schedule
• M-F: 6-7:30 a.m.
• M-Sat: 11-1:00 p.m.
• Monday: 5-6 p.m.
• Wed, Fri and Sun: 4:30-6 p.m.
Water Aerobics Schedule:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Classes
Monday and Wednesday
We have swim lessons for all ages and abilities. From 6-months old and up, we have swim lessons for you. Whether you're looking for traditional group lessons or affordable private swim lessons, we have talented instructors ready to teach you or your children how to be safe in the pool and out on the lake!
Swim lessons typically run Tuesday and Thursdays for four weeks. Hours and offerings vary in the summer. Information regarding specific swim lessons can be found in the Buckham Bulletin (linked below), online at the City's registration website, or by contacting the Community Center at 507-334-2064.
The Community Center Pool offers a six-lane, 25-yard lap swim area. You tailor the speed, distance, and the amount of time for the perfect workout. Swim laps at your own pace to stay in shape all year long!
- Monday-Friday: 5:45 a.m.-7:30 a.m.
- Monday-Friday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.*
- Saturday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Monday and Friday: 5-6 p.m.
- Wednesday and Sunday: 4:30-6 p.m.*
*No Saturday or Sunday lap swims from June through August
- $5.00 per visit
- $48.32 per punch card (14 punches)
- $80.53 per 3-month membership
- $263.07 per annual membership
Lap swimmers and water walkers record the mileage each day. After completing 100 miles, finishers get a 100-Mile Club shirt!
Water Exercise Classes
Water exercise classes are a great way to exercise while giving your joints a break. Our talented instructors will lead you through a variety of exercises and workouts all in the comfort of our heated pool. Swimming experience or skill is not required. Our variety of classes and schedules will ensure that we'll have a workout that meets your needs. The first visit is always free, so there's no reason not to give us a try!
- $5.00 per class
- $48.32 per punch card (14 punches)
*Per current state guidelines, open swim is not allowed.
Come in and enjoy a great afternoon at the pool! Open swims are offered every Saturday and Sunday from 1-4 p.m. during the school year. Our trained lifeguards make sure everyone stays safe while going off the diving board, climbing the rock wall, or just splashing around in the pool.
- $3 per swimmer
- $12 per family (5 member max)
- $40 per punch card (15 punches)
Looking for a great place to host your next birthday party? Come to the Community Center! For only $85.90 (tax included) you'll have access to our Peterson Room for cakes, ice cream, and presents while all the kids swim in the pool during open swim. Birthday specials are available during any scheduled open swim. Contact Kevin 507-334-2064 to book your party today!
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
This 24-hour course provides entry-level lifeguard certification through the American Red Cross. Classes are taught through a blended learning process, which requires participants to complete 8 hours worth of online material before the start of class.
- 300-yard continuous swim - front crawl and breast stroke
- 2-minute treading water - without hands
- Timed brick retrieval exercise
- $115.00 - payable to Parks and Recreation
- $35.00 - payable to American Red Cross (online registration fee)
- $150.00 total