2120 is our medical / grass fire apparatus. It was built in 2006 by Heiman Fire in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and consists of a Ford F-350 4 x 4 Chassis and Heiman built box. Below is a list of the specifications:
- 6.0 Liter Powerstroke Diesel Engine
- 24 HP Honda V-Twin Pump Engine
- 120 GPM Pump
- 250 Gallon On-Board Poly Water Tank
- LED Emergency Lighting
- Electric Reel with 150’ of ¾ Booster Line
- On-Board Scotty Foam System
2120 handles the majority of our medical calls and is usually the first apparatus out the door for any grass fire. It carries medical equipment, a gas monitor, a chainsaw, a backpack blower, a float pump (will pump out of a body of water), a piercing nozzle, and a variety of hand tools.
2120 responds to the highest call volume of any of our apparatus and since going into service in the fall of 2006, it has responded to approximately 7,000 calls.