The City of Faribault is working to compile up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak. Below you find resources available to the public about the outbreak. Additionally, there is also information issued by the City that is now all compiled in one site. For questions about any of the information posted here, contact Communications Coordinator Brad Phenow at email@example.com
Health officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) are monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness, called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
More information about coronavirus can be found on the Minnesota Department of Health’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) website, or the CDC’s website. MDH has set up a COVID-19 public hotline that is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The hotline number is 651-201-3920.
As of April 27, Rice County Public Health has opened a COVID-19 helpline to answer COVID-19 related questions and to help connect residents to local resources during the pandemic. The Rice County COVID-19 Helpline number is 507.384.6459. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Messages may be left on the helpline, and calls will be returned the following business day. If you have been placed in quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19, call the helpline if you need essential needs assistance in order to maintain isolation or quarantine.
As a reminder, community resource information is available on the Rice County website at: https://www.co.rice.mn.us/495/Hotlines-and-Other-Resources
The Minnesota Department of Health also has COVID-19 hotlines:
- School and child care questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504
- Health questions: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903
Click this link, Protecting Yourself and Your Family: COVID-19, for more information on what you can do to prepare, what to do if you or a family member gets ill, and who is at a higher risk for severe illness for COVID-19.
Thanks to our partners at Rice County, find here a description of Coronavirus Basics:
Additionally, the MDH has provided much of its information regarding COVID-19 on its website in 20-plus languages. That information can be found here. For a full list of COVID-19 resources compiled by Rice County Public Health, click here.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there have been a number of City activities and facilities that have needed to make changes, including:
- MDH: Help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- ADMINISTRATION: Outdoor Seating checklist for Faribault businesses
- PARKS AND RECREATION: Parks and Rec. programs suspended until Phase III of ’Stay Safe’ Plan
- FINANCE DEPARTMENT: Utility Bills continue to be processed daily
- PUBLIC TRANSIT: Hiawathaland Transit makes temporary service adjustments
- LIBRARY: Buckham Memorial Library offers no-contact curbside pick-up service
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: A number of changes have been made to the City’s public housing policies
- ADMINISTRATION: City meetings to be conducted by phone, electronically
- As we continue to plan and monitor the #COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to take a minute to provide some options before folks travel to a City facility, in an effort to limit person-to-person contact. These include calling before arriving to see if we can assist over the phone, or visiting our website for online options, like:
Paying your utility bill, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/168/Utility-Billing
Reserving park shelters, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/233/Online-Registration
Checking out a digital book, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/248/Library
Submitting a concern, here: