Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there have been a number of City activities and facilities that have needed to make changes.
- New temporary funding programs for small businesses now available
- Parks and Rec. to cancel events, close public access Nov. 20
- Effective Nov. 23, City meetings to be conducted by phone, electronically
- Library to close public access Nov. 16; offerings still available
- Faribault City Hall to close to the public Nov. 23
- Xcel Energy to offer temporary rate discounts for businesses
- Paying your utility bill online or over the phone
As of April 27, Rice County Public Health has opened a COVID-19 helpline to answer COVID-19 related questions and to help connect residents to local resources during the pandemic. The Rice County COVID-19 Helpline number is 507.384.6459. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Messages may be left on the helpline, and calls will be returned the following business day. If you have been placed in quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19, call the helpline if you need essential needs assistance in order to maintain isolation or quarantine.
As a reminder, community resource information is available on the Rice County website at: https://www.co.rice.mn.us/495/Hotlines-and-Other-Resources
The Minnesota Department of Health also has COVID-19 hotlines:
- School and child care questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504
- Health questions: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903
Click this link, Protecting Yourself and Your Family: COVID-19, for more information on what you can do to prepare, what to do if you or a family member gets ill, and who is at a higher risk for severe illness for COVID-19.
Thanks to our partners at Rice County, find here a description of Coronavirus Basics:
Additionally, the MDH has provided much of its information regarding COVID-19 on its website in 20-plus languages. That information can be found here. For a full list of COVID-19 resources compiled by Rice County Public Health, click here.