The City of Faribault is working to compile up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak. Below you find resources available to the public about the outbreak. Additionally, there is also information issued by the City that is now all compiled in one site. For questions about any of the information posted here, contact Communications Coordinator Brad Phenow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) are monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness, called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
More information about coronavirus can be found on the Minnesota Department of Health’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) website, or the CDC’s website. MDH has set up a COVID-19 public hotline that is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The hotline number is 651-201-3920.
Click this link, Protecting Yourself and Your Family: COVID-19, for more information on what you can do to prepare, what to do if you or a family member gets ill, and who is at a higher risk for severe illness for COVID-19.
Thanks to our partners at Rice County, find here a description of Coronavirus Basics:
Additionally, the MDH has provided much of its information regarding COVID-19 on its website in 20-plus languages. That information can be found here.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there have been a number of City activities and facilities that have needed to make changes, including:
- MDH: Help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: COVID-19 Economic Relief Resources
- PUBLIC WORKS: Faribault Compost Site to open April 20
- POLICE DEPARTMENT: City cancels May 5 Crime-Free Multi-Housing training
- FINANCE DEPARTMENT: Utility Bills continue to be processed daily
- ADMINISTRATION: City Hall to close public access March 30 through April 12
- PUBLIC TRANSIT: Hiawathaland Transit makes temporary service adjustments
- PUBLIC WORKS: EPA: Continue to use and drink water from tap
- LIBRARY: Buckham Memorial Library and book return closed
- PUBLIC WORKS: Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: A number of changes have been made to the City’s public housing policies
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: Consider applying for curb-side pickup parking spots downtown
- ADMINISTRATION: City meetings to be conducted by phone, electronically
- PARKS AND RECREATION: Parks and Rec. cancels programs, closes playgrounds through May 4
- ADMINISTRATION: City declares State of Emergency amid COVID-19 outbreak
As we continue to plan and monitor the #COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to take a minute to provide some options before folks travel to a City facility, in an effort to limit person-to-person contact. These include calling before arriving to see if we can assist over the phone, or visiting our website for online options, like:
Paying your utility bill, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/168/Utility-Billing
Reserving park shelters, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/233/Online-Registration
Checking out a digital book, here: http://www.ci.faribault.mn.us/248/Library
Submitting a concern, here: