Instructions for Browse-and-Go Visits by Appointment
In addition to No-Contact Curbside Pickup, Buckham Memorial Library is offering Browse-and-Go visits inside the library by appointment. At this time, you will be able to make a 30-minute appointment slot to browse and check out items from Buckham Memorial Library’s collection and pick up holds. Browse-and-Go will be available Monday – Friday with the first appointment beginning at 10 a.m. and the last appointment beginning at 5 p.m. To make an appointment for Browse-and-Go or No-Contact Curbside pickup, call the library at 507-334-2089, Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Here is what you need to know for a successful Browse-and-Go visit to the library:
- Stay home if you or anyone you live with is sick or has symptoms. Reschedule your appointment for another time when you and your family are feeling better.
- Wear a mask.
- Each person accompanying you will also need an appointment. Young people ages 15 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult caregiver while they are in the library.
- Arrive for your appointment on time. If you arrive late, your scheduled ending time will remain the same.
- If you miss your appointment, you will need to schedule a new one.
- If you are returning items, put them in the outside book drop. Do not bring library materials inside the library. The indoor book drops are closed.
- Wait on the sidewalk at a designated marker until it is your turn to enter the library. Enter using the door on the right side.
- The Appointment Receptionist will greet you, ask how you are, and make sure you are wearing a mask.
- The greeter will remind you of the time your Browse-and-Go appointment will end.
- The greeter will ask you to use the provided hand sanitizer before letting you into the library.
- Watch for signs and floor markers and remain at least six feet from other library users and staff when you are on library grounds and inside the library.
- If you need a library card, go directly to the Circulation Desk.
- Internet computers, the Early Literacy Area, and restrooms are not available during your Browse-and-Go visit.
- Announcements will be made reminding you of when your visit is ending.
- Exit the library when your appointment time has ended.