The City of Faribault has open seats for various boards and commissions.
For those who are interested in getting involved, click here to fill out the online application.
Board and Commission members are appointed by the City Council. Members volunteer their time to provide advisory services to the City. Some groups also have duties defined in state law.
Below is a list of City boards and commissions:
Airport Advisory Board
- The Board advises the City Council and City Administrator regarding the construction, improvement, maintenance and operation of the municipal airport, and general aviation activities affecting the community.
Airport Zoning Board
- The Board advises the City Council and staff regarding zoning issues surrounding the airport.
Charitable Gambling Advisory Board
- The Board is made up of representatives of the holders of gambling licenses.
Children's Fund Board
- The Board advises the City Council and staff regarding the Aquatic Center Scholarship fund monies.
Economic Development Authority
- The Economic Development Authority has authority to take action on economic development programs for business and industry.
- The Commission advises the City Council on environmental issues and opportunities affecting the City while respecting the City’s economic and social environments.
Heritage Preservation Commission
- The Commission advises the City Council and staff regarding issues related to the preservation of the community's cultural, historical and architectural heritage. The Commission is actively involved in a variety of educational efforts that highlight Faribault's past.
Housing & Redevelopment Authority
- As provided in state law, the Faribault Housing and Redevelopment Authority handles a variety of housing programs.
Ice Arena Board
- The Ice Arena Board makes decisions regarding the Ice Arena maintenance and operation, which is jointly owned by the City of Faribault and Faribault School District.
Library Advisory Board
- Advises the City Council and staff regarding maintenance, operations, and policies of Buckham Memorial Library.
Mill Towns Trail Board
- The Mill Towns Trail Board makes decisions regarding the Mill Towns Trail, which will connect Faribault and Northfield to the Sakatah State Trail.
Park & Recreation Advisory Board
- This Board advises the City Council and staff regarding park development and recreation program opportunities.
Peter Smith Advisory Board
- The Board advises staff regarding expenditures from the Peter Smith Trust Fund for youth recreation programs.
- The commission hears requests and provides recommendations to the City Council regarding land use, planning, and zoning issues.
- The Soccer Board makes decisions regarding the Soccer Complex maintenance and operation, which is jointly owned by the City of Faribault and Faribault School District
Tommy Allen Youth Endowment Fund
- The Board advises City Council and staff regarding the Fund.
- Discover who sits on the City of Faribault Tourism Commission.
- The Tree Board advises the Parks and Recreation Board on issues related to trees in the city parks.