Find below a few tips from the Minnesota State Fire Marshal's Office regarding the use of fireworks and how to stay safe:
- Only use Minnesota-legal fireworks like sparklers, fountains, ground spinners and snappers.
- Point fireworks away from people and animals.
- Use fireworks in an open area away from trees and houses.
- Extinguish and dispose of spent fireworks in a bucket of water. Do not try to relight a dud.
- Always use caution around fireworks and make sure children are supervised.
Did you know?
- More than 30 percent of fireworks injuries are from sparklers.
- There is an average of 75 hospital visits each year in Minnesota due to fireworks injuries.
- Nearly 45 percent of fireworks injuries each year happen to children.
- Fireworks that explode or shoot into the air are illegal in Minnesota.